Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes

Bjartur auf Sommerhaus

Sunday 13 November 2005 3:05:07 pm

Hello,

after a new install, following your instructions for manual installing, I set up Version 3.7.2 on the server of my Webhoster.

After Start I get the following Mesage:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/web509/html/lib/ezi18n/classes/eztstranslator.php on line 460Fatal error: eZ publish did not finish its request

The execution of eZ publish was abruptly ended, the debug output is present below.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12 bytes) in /var/www/web509/html/lib/ezfile/classes/ezdir.php on line 291

What can I do? From other postings I read there was the suggestion to reduce the languages but I've only
one language installed. Is there another possibility to reduce memory, because I do'nt think that my provider would increase the memory size for PHP.

Many thanks in advance + nice day!

Bjartur

Salvatore Guarino

Monday 14 November 2005 12:04:33 am

Hi Bjatur,

I had a similar problem using the backup function of the admin extension. Another big problem with a classic hosting service is that there are often uprade of php, without inform you before. My hosting provider last month upgraded from php 4.3 to php 4.4 and my eZpublish 3.6.1 has stopped to work. My advice is to use a certified eZpublish hosting solution (take a look in the list of partner) or use a more expensive service like housing or vps (virtual private server), in this case you can configure the server as you want.

Bye,

Salvatore