Images not showing, eZP323 and win32

Trond Åge Kvalø

Wednesday 03 December 2003 6:34:52 am

Hi there!

I'm running Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) With PHP/4.3.2

Installing eZ Publish 323 was rather simple. It told me that I had ImageMagick installed.

But when I tried to follow the tutorial "building an eZ Publish Site", I got som real problems when I tried to upload images.

The debug area had a warning in it stating that it was unable to execute the c:\winnt\System32/convert.exe.

It turned out that win2k already has a program called convert.exe in the system32 folder. Therefore eZP wrongly assumed that I had ImageMagick installed (that's my theory at least).

So I downloaded ImageMagick and installed it in c:\programfiler\ImageMagick557 and altered the /settings/override/image.ini.append.php so that the ConvertPath = c:\programfiler\ImageMagick557 and set the ConvertExecutable = convert.exe

Now I thought I was ready to get some pictures in there, but no.

I also had to set the local security settings for the c:\programfiler\ImageMagick557 folder so that everyone had access to it.

Then I had to upload the image a couple of times, as mentioned in the bug note in the tutorial.

And now it works!

Hope this information may have some use for other readers.

Best regards
Trond Åge Kvalø
Senior developer
Atlantia as
http://www.atlantia.no/

trondåge