500 Error Installing eznewsletter-1.5.1

Henning Bensch

Friday 08 June 2007 8:42:44 am

Hello eznewsletter-Forum,

i am really new to eznewsletter and i just wanted to start, but now i have to stop again.
I´ve downloaded the ezpublish-3.9.2_eznewsletter-1.5.1-gpl.tar.gz Package and started the installation Wizard. Everything works fine. I put in my database connection and imported the newsletter packages (makes it automatically).
The first problem is when i have to create the htaccess file. When i do this and follow next step the 500 Error is displayed (Script Error).
Ok. I don't want to give up so fast (tried to install it now for 4 times). I delete the htaccess again so i get to the next page - Registration and generation of the system. After clicking "next" - again a 500 Error massage.
I went back and tried again - yes there is a warning not to interrupt the installation, but what should i do - now i get on the next page with following error massages:

<b> * EZSW-004Failed inserting data to mysql Table 'ezapprove_items' already exists
* EZSW-040Failed to initialize site package 'eznewsletter_site'</b>

I would be very glad if someone could help me, because i think eznewsletter seems to be a very good system.
Thank you very much for your help. And sorry for my bad english.
Best greetings from Germany...

Tobias Struckmeier

Monday 18 June 2007 12:19:56 am

Hi Henning,

sorry that it took so long to answer but I was pretty busy.

It seems that during the setup the php execution time limit was reached or similar stuff, but the tables have been already created.
Please remove the tables from the database and try again.

Cheers,
Tobias