Forums / Install & configuration / Noob with error 500 and 404

Noob with error 500 and 404

Boris Beylerian

Saturday 07 August 2010 1:28:50 pm

Hello !

I need your help :)

I try since two days to install Ez, i am a noob, and i have problem.

I am on 1and1 FAI.

My ez installation is in the folder /portal (because i have many site blog, wiki on the same site)

ez have is own mysql database.

After reading a lot of topic, i arrive at 92% of the installation. When i click to generate the site, i have the error 500. But the database is full of data :)

I cannot change .htaccess_root to .htaccess because when i do that i have a Forbidden, and when i uncomment like it is recommand in the file (incase of Forbidden), in this case i have error 404... missing file...

before to arrive at error 500 i had to create a php.ini that i copy in all folder.

here is my php.ini :

"

memory_limit = 95M
allow_url_fopen = On
date.timezone = "Europe/Paris"

magic_quotes_gpc = off
allow_call_time_pass_reference = off
register_globals = on
post_max_size = 20M
upload_max_filesize = 20M
max_execution_time = 120
expose_php=off

"

I try memory_limit = 95M or 64M or 8M.

I try, try and try, i pass my time to delet and reinstall ez and database again and again with all different method in all different error 500 topic. Nothing work...

the last topic i try is : http://share.ez.no/forums/install-configuration/500-internal-server-error where i find this php.ini.

If you can help me it will be super :)

I take 1 days to arrive to the 92%... and 2 days i am bloc on this problem.

best regards

Thanks in advance

Redbarb

Robin Muilwijk

Saturday 07 August 2010 11:45:04 pm

Hi Boris,

Welcome to the community portal of eZ. About your question, did you check the install requirements at http://ez.no/doc/ez_publish/technical_manual/4_x/installation/normal_installation/requirements_for_doing_a_normal_installation ?

And on one of the first steps of the install, did you not get any remarks about permissions, or did you fix those?

Regards Robin

Board member, eZ Publish Community Project Board - Member of the share.ez.no team - Key values: Openness and Innovation.

LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/robinmuilwijk // Twitter: http://twitter.com/i_robin // Skype: robin.muilwijk

Boris Beylerian

Sunday 08 August 2010 2:49:56 am

Hello Robin,

Thank's for your respond.

Question : "And on one of the first steps of the install, did you not get any remarks about permissions, or did you fix those?"

Respond : At the begining of the installation i had a lot of stuff that ez asked me, that was resolve by the php.ini that is now copy in all repertory.

Now when i run the install i have no remarque of ez, he go directly to the "Out Going email" configuration page. But if i click on "FineTune" I have always 2 issues:

1. Missing database handlers
  2. PHP option Register Globals is enabled : at the begining i use it in the php, when i see the last topic that some providers do not support it, i remove it. Do not know if it is important.

If i run the installation until the end i have this message : "Site security" and ask to modify the .htacess like that :

cd /homepages/11/d267770432/htdocs/portalcp .htaccess_root .htaccess

But if i put the first or the second line on the .htaccess, i have a big error message that ask to contact the webmaster of 1and1.

for information, i do not know if it can apport something on base configuration of 1and1 option, but Dotclear, Wikimedia, joomla are working perfectly in different folder (on different mysql base).

here is the site registration page before the error 500: (i test site package Publish and Flow).

Summary:

System: OK
Image system: ImageMagick
Mail: sendmail
Database: MySQL
Language: eng-GB
fre-FR
Site: ezflow_site

Site info:

Site package - ezflow_site
Access type - url
Access value - ezflow_site

PHP info:
Version - 5.2.13

OS info
Name - Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Wed Nov 4 21:12:12 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
CPU Type - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3323 @ 2.50GHz
CPU Speed - 2499.657 MHz
Memory Size - 4202848256 (3.91 GB)

Database info:
Type - MySQL
Driver - ezmysql

Email info:
Transport - sendmail

Image conversion:
ImageMagick was found and used.
Path - /usr/bin
Executable - convert
ImageGD extension was found and used.

Regional info:
Primary - fre-FR
Additional - eng-GB, fre-FR

Critical tests

directory_permissions - Success
phpversion - Success
database_extensions - Success
image_conversion - Success
safe_mode - Success
memory_limit - Success
execution_time - Success
magic_quotes_runtime - Success
allow_url_fopen - Success
accept_path_info - Success
php_session - Success
file_upload - Success
zlib_extension - Success
dom_extension - Success
iconv_extension - Success
mbstring_extension - Success
timezone - Success
ezcversion - Success

Other tests:

variables_order - Success
php_magicquotes - Success
curl_extension - Success
imagegd_extension - Success
imagemagick_program - Success
database_all_extensions - Failure
php_register_globals - Failure
texttoimage_functions - Success
open_basedir - Success

Question "Welcome to the community portal of eZ. About your question, did you check the install requirements" :

Respond : Like i said i am noob :) I do not know if the requirement is correct, I think yes when i check the page before my first installation. the version of PHP looks good 5.2.13, later of PHP 5.1.6. I know we can use PHP 6 beta too but i do not know how to change that. I do not find the Appach version. And MySQL is configure in UTF-8 unicode / French (fr-utf-8) / utf8_general_ci. For Zlib & DOM extension, PHP CLI and CURL i really do know know what is it or if it is ok or not.

Is that help ?

Regards,

Boris

Doug Brethower

Sunday 08 August 2010 8:50:13 am

Welcome!

Can you clarify that you are not using .htaccess at all? It seems from the old thread you should not on 1and1

Rather you are using a php.ini file, correct?

Is it true that 1and1 will not let you see your Apache error logs? If not, they should have some kind of support for guidance as to what errors are being thrown.

Can you create a file with a call to phpinfo in your eZ directory and report the results? Short of an apache error log file that seems to be the next best place to discover the problem.

Doug Brethower
Apple Certified Technical Consultant, Southwest, MO USA
http://share.ez.no/directory/companies/lakedata.net

Boris Beylerian

Sunday 08 August 2010 3:45:20 pm

Hello Doug,

"Can you clarify that you are not using .htaccess at all?"

Exact, i do not use it because it doesn't work for me, or i do not know how to personalise it may be.

so here is my actual .htaccess (very simple in fact):

"AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /wiki/"

"Rather you are using a php.ini file, correct? "

And yes it is exact, i use php.ini that i copy in all folders.

"Is it true that 1and1 will not let you see your Apache error logs?"

I do not know... i have a folders name 'logs' he is protected by 1and1 but i can read it. This logs folders have this types of file : trafic.html, access log, ftp log, mail log, info.php5, info.pl, info.py and traffic.db. That's it.

"If not, they should have some kind of support for guidance as to what errors are being thrown." i do not know, i will ask, but i am not sur to have answer.

I ask 1&1 for the apache error log file.

regards

Boris

Boris Beylerian

Sunday 08 August 2010 4:14:55 pm

Hello,

I find on 1&1 application, CGI script control. I need to ask request for a specific script.

On index.php here is the error problem, i do not know if it is usefull or not. :

<STRONG>Résultat :</STRONG>
- 126 CGI returned nonzero status/usr/bin/nice: /kunden/homepages/11/d267770432/htdocs/portal/index.php: Permission deniedSTDOUT OK STDERR OK

regards

Doug Brethower

Sunday 08 August 2010 8:51:37 pm

Not even 90 percent sure, but it appears to me you cannot have a file named .htaccess in your web root no matter the contents.

Have you tried renaming or deleting the .htaccess file?

Doug Brethower
Apple Certified Technical Consultant, Southwest, MO USA
http://share.ez.no/directory/companies/lakedata.net

Boris Beylerian

Wednesday 11 August 2010 9:17:05 am

Hello,

2 days that i ask for the Apach log, but no respond from 1and1.

I can use a .htacess, but the htaccess of ez make an error like i said before.

Someone can help me?

regards,

Boris

Boris Beylerian

Friday 27 August 2010 4:42:06 pm

you can delet this post, i change of technologie.