Forums / Install & configuration / 500 Server error

500 Server error

Andy Veal

Monday 26 February 2007 10:39:12 am

After uploading all the files to my server, and navigating to the index.php file, I received a internal server error.

I haven't made any changes. Any suggestions?

Claudia Kosny

Monday 26 February 2007 12:01:19 pm

Hi Andy

Please provide a bit more information:
What server do you use?
Which version of PHP do you use?
Which version of eZ do you use?
Do you have already an .htaccess file in the eZ directory (by default there is none)?
Do you get the 500 immediately or did it appear later during the installation process? If later, when?

Claudia

Andy Veal

Monday 26 February 2007 2:37:21 pm

Thanks for your reply Claudia, I didn't know what particular information you would like to be provided.

What server do you use? CentOS 4.4 i686, Apache/1.3.37
Which version of PHP do you use? 4.4.4
Which version of eZ do you use? The latest version
Do you have already an .htaccess file in the eZ directory (by default there is none)? I uploaded the files to a directory, not to the root. There was nothing in the directory.
Do you get the 500 immediately or did it appear later during the installation process? If later, when? It appeared immediately, from uploading the files.

Claudia Kosny

Wednesday 28 February 2007 2:10:18 pm

Hi Andy

Hmm, this looks fine to me. Are there any restrictions on the PHP like safe_mode or a base dir restriction? Do other PHP scripts work in this directory? In the first step eZ checks for image_magick, the gd library, the enabled database modules and directory permissions.

Claudia

Andy Veal

Wednesday 28 February 2007 3:30:04 pm

Hi Claudia

eZ is located within /cms, and the directory was freshy created. I'll try uploading the files again. Could it be that I uploaded it within cPanel and extracted it from there? I'll try using FTP.

There are no restrictions within the base directory or the directory that eZ is located. I unfortunately never even got to step 1.